More than 247,000 attempts to visit X-rated sites were made on the parliament’s network last year.
It is not known specifically what websites the computers were trying to access or how long was spent on the pages.
It adds to a shocking total of 350,000 visits in 2013, including 75,000 in November and 69,000 in April.
The astonishing figures, disclosed to Express.co.uk under Freedom of Information laws, come amid the Conservatives’ crackdown on online porn.
David Cameron had previously promised to block hardcore porn from “the darkest corners of the internet” by default because he claims it is “corroding childhood”.
I suppose not all those ‘hits’ could be down to PATRICK ROCK then?
No wonder they want ‘ a clean sweep’ at Westminster?
Greville Janner 7 August 2015
Patrick Rock 1st October 2015
The case against alleged paedophile Lord Janner will be heard in court, prosecutors are set to announce on Monday.
In a major U-turn, the Crown Prosecution Service will allow claims of historic child sex abuse by the ex-Labour MP to be put to a jury.
But it will be a trial of the facts – a rare device that allows evidence to be heard but where Janner will not testify.
The court can only impose a supervision or hospital order – or a defendant’s absolute discharge.
The decision to set up a trial of facts is a substantial reversal for the Director of Public Prosecutions Alison Saunders.
Ms Saunders ruled in April the peer should not be charged because of his dementia even though there was enough evidence to prosecute him for 22 sex offences against nine people.
Following an appeal by victims, an independent QC reviewed the decision and concluded the 86-year-old peer should face a trial of facts.
There will be a ‘trial of facts’ allegedly – tho this has not been officially confirmed.
The decision is expected to be released next week and would overturn the Crown Prosecution Service’s decision in April not to pursue Lord Janner.
Barrister’s reported conclusion in favour of trial for historical child sex offences would put director of public prosecutions under pressure to resign
Alison Saunders is getting a pasting elsewhere too
MP questions ‘value for money’ of £393,000 pension contribution – funded by the taxpayer – as part of Director of Public Prosecution’s pay package
It’s not just MP’s who are questioning………………
An article on the Exaro News website has wrongly claimed that the CPS has refused to tell the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) whether it had enough evidence to charge the late Lord Brittan in relation to an allegation of non-recent rape.
we provided police with early investigative advice on this matter in July 2013
The decisions in this matter have always been taken by the police. They made a decision to take no further action in 2013 and, despite their later investigations, they were never able to conclude that the evidential test for a full charging decision was met.
Buck passing and ar*e covering – and no mention of child rape
Wonder what they’ll come up with for JANNER case?
(how recent is ‘non-recent’? Is that different from ‘historic’?)
Simon Danczuk said police had told him they wanted to bring 22 historical charges against the former MP dating back to the period between 1969 and 1988.
He said officers were furious after being blocked from prosecuting the 86-year-old peer by a controversial ruling that he was too ill to stand trial.
Speaking in a debate about the Crown Prosecution Service this afternoon, Mr Danczuk said: ‘I have met with Leicestershire Police and discussed the allegations in detail. Children being violated, raped and tortured – some in the very building in which we now sit.’
The director of public prosecutions, Alison Saunders, announced in April that Lord Janner’s dementia made him unfit to be prosecuted, although that decision is under review.
DO YOUR JOB
Ed Miliband was warned about “stomach-churning” allegations against Labour peer Lord Janner six months before the peer was suspended, it was claimed.
Campaigning MP Simon Danczuk wrote to the then party leader tipping him off about accusations swirling round the life peer.
But Labour did not take action until the Crown Prosecution Service went public with allegations against Lord Janner.
He was suspended on April 16 after Director of Public Prosecutions announced there was sufficient evidence to charge him with multiple counts of child abuse but that a prosecution could not go ahead due to the “severity” of his dementia.
But on October 6 last year, Rochdale MP Mr Danczuk wrote to Mr Miliband saying he had been “visited by three senior officers from Leicestershire Police” and that the alleged abuse disclosed to him relating to Lord Janner case was “stomach-churning”
Read more http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/labour-accused-being-slow-act-5931349
A detailed and informative expose by Dr Andrew Watt
There is huge public concern regarding the alleged multiple instances of child abuse carried out by Lord Greville Janner.
There is also much concern about how that alleged child abuse came to be covered up.
For many of those who have been told about Lord Janner’s “dementia” something doesn’t add up.
Below is a letter sent today to Assistant Commissioner Helen King of the Metropolitan Police Service trying, as best as I reasonably can, to identify the facts that suggest that “something doesn’t add up” about the story about Lord Janner’s dementia.
In 1991 Keith Vaz, presently Chair of the House of Commons Home Affairs Select Committee, tried to change the Law to conceal allegations of child abuse.
In my letter to Assistant Commissioner King I ask her to consider whether Mr. Vaz’s actions (or failures to act) in the 1980s and in 1991 may constitute the common law offence of misconduct in public office, as set out in the Crown Prosecution Service Guidelines for that offence.
Here is the text of my letter to Assistant Commissioner King:
Dear Assistant Commissioner King,
- Possible theft / fraud by Lord Janner of Braunstone
- Possible conspiracy re the foregoing
- Possible conspiracy to pervert the course of justice
- Possible misconduct in public office by Keith Vaz MP and others
- Possible concealment of child abuse by Keith Vaz MP
- Possible conspiracy to defraud H.M. Revenue & Customs
Janner speaking about survivors of abuse.
Another quote – this time about Janner
For decades the media knew that Janner buggered boys from care homes, and did nothing about it. He remained the whole time the chosen spokesman for UK Zionism.
DO YOUR JOB
- Documents reveal visited Westminster once in May and twice in June 2014
- Doctors said in April 2014 his dementia was too advanced to be questioned
- But peer said he was on official business and signed for cheque for costs
- Questions raised over how he can be well enough to conduct ‘official business’ if dementia is supposedly so advanced he cannot speak to police
This newspaper’s investigation has found that after police were refused permission to quiz him about claims that he had sexually abused more than a dozen boys, he:
- Travelled in his own car to the House of Lords car park and used his personal security pass, suggesting he was at the wheel;
- Told authorities he was in Parliament on official business – even though it was not sitting at the time;
- Personally signed a cheque to cover the cost of his stay in a Westminster car park, after detailed correspondence with senior officials in the House of Lords.
The revelations will increase pressure on Director of Public Prosecutions Alison Saunders, who said that Lord Janner would have been charged with 22 counts of indecent assault and buggery against nine boys, but that his dementia made him unfit to stand trial. And they raise questions about how thoroughly the police and CPS scrutinised his activities and the true state of his health.
Maybe Keith Vaz can comment?