2015 October 16 Home // 2015 October 16

Patrick Rock court case adjourned

Patrick Rock court case adjourned

Judge Alistair McCreath, sitting at Southwark crown court, granted Patrick Rock bail until trial date in May.

Rock was originally charged back in June 2014 with three counts of making an indecent photograph of a child in August 2013. He was also charged with possession of 59 indecent images of children.

Mr Rock was one of David Camerons closest aids and was one of the government’s advisers on policy for online pornography filters.

Mr Rock resigned as a policy adviser to Mr Cameron after he was arrested.

The former deputy head of the No 10 Policy Unit has been close to Mr Cameron for two decades. The two men worked for Michael Howard when he was Home Secretary in the 1990s.

In Downing Street, he had the title of deputy director of policy and worked across a wide range of topics, including the government’s policy on child pornography. His seniority was demonstrated by the fact that he was one of only three advisers given his own private office in No 10.

Mr Rock is denying the claims.

Sources www.exaronews.com

www.telegraph.co.uk

 

Leon Brittan: Scotland Yard admits reopening rape investigation over fears of ‘media criticism’

Leon Brittan: Scotland Yard admits reopening rape investigation over fears of ‘media criticism’

Scotland Yard has admitted reopening a rape investigation into Lord Brittan because it was worried about “media criticism and public cynicism”.

Detectives examining a rape claim against the former Home Secretary, dating back more than 40-years, concluded there was not enough evidence to proceed in September 2013.

However the case was reopened and the terminally ill Lord Brittan was questioned by police the following May after Labour MP, Tom Watson, revealed he had written to Alison Saunders, the Director of Public Prosecutions, to complain.

When in November 2014, just two months before Lord Brittan died, the Crown Prosecution Service said there was not enough evidence for them to consider bringing charges, one of the Met’s most senior officers, Deputy Assistant Commissioner Steve Rodhouse appealed that decision, dragging the case out still further.

Read more http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11935953/Leon-Brittan-Scotland-Yard-defends-handling-of-sex-abuse-claims.html

Victim testimonies permanently deleted by child sex abuse inquiry

Victim testimonies permanently deleted by child sex abuse inquiry

Victims of alleged child sex abuse who submitted accounts through the Government’s inquiry website were told their testimonies had been deleted because of a technical blunder.

Following a change in the inquiry’s website address, any submissions through an online form between 14 September and October 2 were “instantly and permanently deleted” before reaching staff.

The Independent Inquiry Into Child Sex Abuse (IICSA) apologised for “any inconvenience or distress” and reassured those who shared their experiences that their information had not been put at risk of disclosure.

Those whose submissions have been lost have been asked to resend their information.

The inquiry into historic sex abuse was set up last July but has suffered a number of delays after two previous chairwomen resigned.

Read more http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11935056/Victim-testimonies-permanently-deleted-by-child-sex-abuse-inquiry.html

Patrick Rock court appearance 16 October 2015

Patrick Rock court appearance 16 October 2015

Screen Shot 2015-10-16 at 10.45.08Southwark Crown Court

Didn’t take long did it?