2015 September 01 Home // 2015 September 01

Hillary Clinton may have broken US secrecy rules with emails from Tony Blair and Downing Street

Hillary Clinton may have broken US secrecy rules with emails from Tony Blair and Downing Street

Hillary Clinton may have broken US secrecy rules by handling classified information from Tony Blair and the British government on her personal email account.

Newly disclosed emails from Mrs Clinton’s time as US secretary of state show she regularly received sensitive details from Mr Blair and UK officials on an email server based in her home in New York.

The former prime minister, writing on his own personal account, sent notes on his work as Middle East peace envoy while Mrs Clinton’s aides passed on briefings from Downing Street on Northern Ireland.

Under US secrecy rules classified information should not be shared by email because of the risk it could be intercepted by foreign hackers. The FBI is now investigating the security of the email server.

The British messages, which are now classified, are fueling Republican accusations that Mrs Clinton mishandled secret information and therefore “cannot be trusted with the White House”.

Read more  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/hillary-clinton/11837718/Hillary-Clinton-may-have-broken-US-secrecy-rules-with-emails-from-Tony-Blair-and-Downing-Street.html

New BBC report attacking police probe into alleged celebrity paedophiles is put on hold

New BBC report attacking police probe into alleged celebrity paedophiles is put on hold

The BBC is said to be at war over whether or not to air a Panorama documentary attacking a police probe into an alleged VIP paedophile ring.

Tension between rival news teams has reportedly led the corporation to delay broadcasting the programme, which is thought to bring into question the credibility of Scotland Yard’s investigation into abuse at Dolphin Square in central London.

Those findings reportedly brought the makers of Panorama into conflict with a BBC news team, said to be ‘essentially on the side of the victims’ having interviewed Operation Midland’s main witness.

Tension between rival BBC news teams has reportedly led to the delay of a documentary critical of Operation Midland, which is looking into claims made against ex-Tory MP Harvey Proctor (left) made by ‘Nick’ (right)

The child sex abuse survivor, a businessman now in his forties known only as ‘Nick’, has accused ex-Tory MP Harvey Proctor of raping and murdering two children and helping kill a third.

In an extraordinary press conference called by Mr Proctor last week, he revealed that Scotland Yard was investigating whether he was part of the alleged Westminster VIP paedophile ring said to have abused children in the 1970s and 1980s.

Meningitis B vaccinations start across UK for all newborns!  That makes 22 vaccines injected into your children before they reach 1 year

Meningitis B vaccinations start across UK for all newborns! That makes 22 vaccines injected into your children before they reach 1 year

A new programme to vaccinate all newborn babies against meningitis B has started in the UK – the first scheme of its kind in the world.

The Men B vaccine will be given to babies at two, four and 12 months old as part of routine immunisations.

Infants aged under one are at the most risk of meningitis B infection, which is fatal in one in 10 cases.

Campaigners said the move could prevent up to 4,000 cases by 2025, but warned parents should be aware of symptoms.

A catch-up programme will also target babies born since May who have missed the first jabs.

The scheme, which has been delayed by cost disputes, is the first national and publicly-funded programme against the deadly infection in the world.

Babies already receive a meningitis C vaccination when three months old, with a booster at 12 months.

Students are also offered a combined vaccine giving protection against four strains of the disease, meningococcal A, C, W and Y.

This to me does not bode well, 22 vaccines before a child reaches a year old !!! Lou

Read more http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34084999

For the full vaccine schedule see here http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/pages/childhood-vaccination-schedule.aspx

Lord Janner ‘sex abuse’ case returns to court – but former peer doesn’t have to turn up

Lord Janner ‘sex abuse’ case returns to court – but former peer doesn’t have to turn up

By Tom Parfitt Daily Express

The 87-year-old faces 22 child sex abuse charges spanning the 1960s to the 1980s.

Mr Justice Sweeney will hear the case at the Old Bailey from 2.30pm today in the absence of the defendant.

Last month, Lord Janner was forced to attend Westminster Magistrates’ Court for 59 seconds after a week-long legal wrangle over the issue.

His legal team had been insisting he was too ill to attend in person because of his advanced dementia.

But two senior judges ruled that he must because of “the obvious and strong public interest in ensuring those summoned to court attend when required”.

Accompanied by a minder and woman who is believed to be his daughter, he confirmed his name during the first court appearance.

Janner, of Springfield Avenue in Muswell Hill, north London, is on unconditional bail.